Learning Is a Journey

“All it takes is some confidence and a willingness to get started.” This line from the video really stood out to me. Learning can sometimes feel like doing something for the first time—you might feel confused, nervous, or think you cannot do it. But once you start, you can slowly figure things out. Buehl’s reading also made me think about how every subject has its own way of learning and thinking. While reading Buehl, I started thinking about how we read differently depending on what we are learning. Reading a story, a science article, or a math problem does not feel the same. Sometimes I understand something better when I see a picture, hear someone explain it, or connect it to something I already know. This made me wonder: Are we really taught how to read in every subject, or are we just expected to figure it out? We may need words, pictures, examples, or someone to guide us. Learning isn't always about getting it right the first time.

Comments

  1. I really liked your idea that learning is a journey because it reminds us that understanding does not happen immediately. Your point about confidence and being willing to start is especially important. I also agree that reading looks different in every subject. Reading a math problem requires different thinking from reading a story or a science article. Sometimes students need pictures, examples, explanations, or connections to what they already know before something makes sense. I think teachers should help students learn how to read within each subject instead of expecting them to figure it out by themselves. Making mistakes is also an important part of learning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blogpost Example

Social media consumption and its drawbacks (as well as its benefits)

1st Week Blogpost: Smartphones, Social Media, and Literacy