✨ Buehl (2017) Reflection Interludes ✨
Here are my responses to the reflections from the Buehl reading!
Reflection #1
Reflection #2
I aligned each row with my identities from the first reflection. The top row are texts I read as a doctoral student, the middle are texts I read for Christian formation, and the bottom are texts I read in connection with my womanhood.
Reflection #3
Can you tell what I felt confident in when I was in high school?
I'd love to hear about y'all's reflections as well!

.png)

Hi Mack!
ReplyDeleteI really like how you visualized the connection between identity and the texts we choose to read. Lately, I’ve been reading more philosophical and religious texts, even exploring ideas from Buddhism. As a Muslim, I’m interested in learning what other traditions can teach me. I also find myself reading more about religion and politics because I want to understand how people make decisions and how religion can sometimes be used as a tool of control, cause I believe religion does not teach people to do bad things. I also find myself reading a lot about human history and disability right now. Reading about why people make certain choices or how societies have treated different groups helps me understand people, while also helping me recognize where I need to set boundaries. and yes, I feel like our reading identities are constantly changing because we are constantly changing, too.
Hi Mack!
ReplyDeleteYour reflections made me think about how much our literacy experiences can change over time. I especially connected with your third reflection about confidence in different disciplines. When I first started learning English, I definitely would not have described myself as a confident reader, especially with academic texts. Over time, however, as I had more opportunities to read, study, and use English in different academic settings, my confidence and identity as a reader changed. Now, literacy has become one of my main academic interests. Your reflection reminded me that the way students see themselves as readers in a particular discipline is not fixed. Their experiences, opportunities, and support can gradually reshape both their confidence and their literacy identities.
Hi Mack. It is interesting to see the difference in what you wanted to read and the books you felt obligated to read. It is so weird how we feel like we have to read certain books just because it might make you look smarter or you just feel pressured in to doin it. I feel like if I were to do the confidence level chart when I was younger I would have the exact opposite stuff highlighted. But now I feel like my confidence in all the subjects have gotten worse.
ReplyDeleteHello Mack,
ReplyDeletegreat reflection. I really like how creative it is, especially the graph. I like how the readings you chose pair up with the subjects you felt the most confident in school. The books look fun as well. I'm almost done with my read through of the second LOTR book, so I understand the love for fictional writing. It's like exploring a new world if the author does it right.